The Oral Surgery journal is jointly published by the British Association of Oral Surgeons and Wiley. Oral Surgery presents rigorous, objective investigation and science to inform oral surgery clinical practice and so improve the quality of patient care. The scope of the journal Oral Surgery is broad including oral medicine, oral and maxillofacial pathology and dental and maxillofacial radiology. The scope of surgical practice in the specialty of oral surgery varies around the world and this journal is therefore not restrictive but encompasses the widest range described globally.
The journal publishes clinical trials and studies but also preclinical original articles. Case reports bring our surgical community awareness of new or rare pathology and highlight adverse events of surgical management. High quality reviews are also a feature as well as abstracts from other journals that are likely to be of interest to oral surgeons including oral medicine, oral pathology and oral radiology. Oral Surgery also publishes articles describing technical advances, oral surgery teaching and training methodology, and research methodology and dissemination.
If you are not a member you can pay to access the journal here.
Submit Your Paper Online Now:
Fast and convenient online manuscript submission is available through ScholarOne Manuscripts
Recent Blog Posts
- re: 24 March 2020:BAOS and BAOMS Joint position Statement on PPE for Patients with Emergency Oral Problems of Unknown COVID-19 Status
- PRESS RELEASE – Oral and maxillofacial surgeons issue guidance to protect dentists and doctors during COVID-19 pandemic
- Throat Pack Survey
- President’s Newsletter – 16 March 2020 – The Oral Surgery Response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – IMPORTANT UPDATE RE BAOS EVENTS
- Glasgow Oral Surgery Symposium on April 24, 2020
- BAOS Mallorca Cycling CPD trip on April 29, 2020
- South West Regional Rep Study Day – 7th May 2020 Bristol on May 7, 2020