Council Sub Committees
Primary Care OS Group
BAOS council comprises Oral surgeons from a broad background. This sub-group is comprised of Oral Surgeons engaged predominantly in the delivery of primary care Oral Surgery. This group have been in dialogue with commissioners and helped to deliver a successful BAOS Initiated Commissioner’s Day. They are developing recommendations for national tariffs. They are: https://www.england.nhs.uk/commissioning/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2015/09/guid-comms-oral.pdf
Secondary Care Oral Surgery
This group consists of: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/contracts/sas-contracts/sas-charters https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/contracts/sas-contracts/autonomy-for-sas-grade-doctors
Managed Clinical Networks (MCN)
- Lead-Mike Murphy
- Paul Coulthard
- Gavin Wilson - Trainee Representative
- Gurnam Aulakh - Deputy Trainee Representative
- Julie Potter - Dental Core Trainee / Junior Representative
- “Designing a CV and things to think of whilst in DF1/DCT posts.”
- “National recruitment and how to prepare”.
- “Getting published: how to write different types of paper, gaining support developing surveys/abstracts and how to structure them.”
- “The landscape of oral surgery: where we've come from and where we are going”
- “Understanding commissioning...”
- “Setting up in practice:”
- “Dento-legal pitfalls”
Tara Renton is leading on this for BAOS. Anti-microbial stewardship is a very worthy area for development and BAOS are proud to be involved with its ongoing development. Tara is working with Nick Palmer and Noha Seoudi to develop guidance on this important matter.
BAOS are pleased to have the following members allocated to this important area. BAOS administration team.
The BAOS are lucky to have a fine academic pedigree on council.
Recent Blog Posts
- re: 24 March 2020:BAOS and BAOMS Joint position Statement on PPE for Patients with Emergency Oral Problems of Unknown COVID-19 Status
- PRESS RELEASE – Oral and maxillofacial surgeons issue guidance to protect dentists and doctors during COVID-19 pandemic
- Throat Pack Survey
- President’s Newsletter – 16 March 2020 – The Oral Surgery Response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – IMPORTANT UPDATE RE BAOS EVENTS
- Glasgow Oral Surgery Symposium on April 24, 2020
- BAOS Mallorca Cycling CPD trip on April 29, 2020
- South West Regional Rep Study Day – 7th May 2020 Bristol on May 7, 2020