Council Sub Committees
Primary Care OS Group
BAOS council comprises Oral surgeons from a broad background. This sub-group is comprised of Oral Surgeons engaged predominantly in the delivery of primary care Oral Surgery. This group have been in dialogue with commissioners and helped to deliver a successful BAOS Initiated Commissioner’s Day. They are developing recommendations for national tariffs. They are: https://www.england.nhs.uk/commissioning/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2015/09/guid-comms-oral.pdf
Secondary Care Oral Surgery
This group consists of: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/contracts/sas-contracts/sas-charters https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/contracts/sas-contracts/autonomy-for-sas-grade-doctors
Managed Clinical Networks (MCN)
- Callum Wemyss - Trainee Representative on Council (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)
- Alex Orchard - Deputy Trainee Representative (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)
- Richa Arya - Dental Core Trainee / Junior Representative (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)
- “Designing a CV and things to think of whilst in DF1/DCT posts.”
- “National recruitment and how to prepare”.
- “Getting published: how to write different types of paper, gaining support developing surveys/abstracts and how to structure them.”
- “The landscape of oral surgery: where we've come from and where we are going”
- “Understanding commissioning...”
- “Setting up in practice:”
- “Dento-legal pitfalls”
Tara Renton is leading on this for BAOS. Anti-microbial stewardship is a very worthy area for development and BAOS are proud to be involved with its ongoing development. Tara is working with Nick Palmer and Noha Seoudi to develop guidance on this important matter.
BAOS are pleased to have the following member allocated to this important area. BAOS administration team.
The BAOS are lucky to have a fine academic pedigree on council.
Recent Blog Posts
- BAOS Newsletter – Issue 2 – April 2022
- BAOS Annual Scientific Conference, Back to Life – Back to Reality, 3 – 4 November 2022, Edinburgh
- ORAL SURGERY PODCAST – Oral Surgery in Primary Care with Dr Rhian Jones
- BAOS Newsletter – 1st Issue – January 2022
- International Survey of Dentists Regarding Their Experiences and Opinions of Unknown Dental Implants
- BAOS Annual Scientific Conference 3 – 4 November 2022 Edinburgh on November 3, 2022