BAOS Members receive:
- Half Price Regional Study Days and Events including high quality Core CPD and Teaching and Learning Course.
- Discounted Member’s rates for the BAOS Annual Conference.
- Prizes for open paper/poster presentations.
- Professional support and advice available.
- Free annual subscription to the online quarterly BAOS Oral Surgery Journal
- Access to the Member’s section of the BAOS website which includes Oral Surgery Training Videos and other key resources.
- Regular updates on related oral surgery events, jobs and training opportunities.
Membership Records Update
Please email the BAOS office at email@example.com if any of your Membership details have changed.
The Membership year runs from January-December. There is no discount for joining mid-year as you will receive all backdated issues of the online journal and be eligible for discounts on all BAOS events including a £100 discount on the BAOS Conference. BAOS are asking all Members to pay by Direct Debit.
Please note that after your first year of Membership, Direct Debits will be taken on the 1st of January each year. You will receive a reminder regarding your fees at the end of each year.
Please note that Membership applications may take a few weeks to process. If you wish to qualify for the BAOS Member discount on conference tickets, you must be an approved and paid BAOS Member. If you wish to apply for BAOS Membership in time for the conference, please ensure that your Membership application is received 8 weeks before the conference booking closing date. Please note that Membership applications received after this time are not guaranteed to be processed prior to the conference and therefore Member discounts will not apply to tickets purchased. We are unable to refund non-Members who book conference tickets and subsequently become Members.
Full and Associate Members
Full Members must work within the British Isles and be registered with the GDC. You must be on the GDC Oral Surgery Specialist list. If you are not on the Oral Surgery specialist list then you must have 4 years or more working experience in an Oral Surgery setting.
Associate members have an interest in Oral Surgery but are not on the Oral Surgery Specialist list or do not have 4 years or more working experience in an Oral Surgery setting or work outside of the British Isles. Once you have been a Member of BAOS for four years, you will automatically become a full Member.
Student Membership is for anyone in a Specialist Training Post, a Dental Core Trainee or Foundation Trainee role.
Undergraduate Membership is available for Undergraduate Students
Dental Nurse Members
Dental Nurse Membership is for nurses working in a Dental Setting.
Full and Associate Members Fees 2020 £165.00, payable by Direct Debit, due annually. Please note that the fee when paying by BACS or PayPal is £195. A discount is given to those paying by Direct Debit.
Retired/Student Members Fees 2020 £82.60, payable by Direct Debit, due annually. Please note that the fee when paying by BACS or PayPal is £95. A discount is given to those paying by Direct Debit.
Dental Nurse/Undergraduate Fees 2020
The fee for Dental Nurses and Undergraduates is £20.
Please insert your membership number and click on the “Pay Now” button below. You will be taken to Paypal’s secure servers to complete the payment transaction.
Dental Nurses can renew their membership by clicking the button below:
Recent Blog Posts
- re: 24 March 2020:BAOS and BAOMS Joint position Statement on PPE for Patients with Emergency Oral Problems of Unknown COVID-19 Status
- PRESS RELEASE – Oral and maxillofacial surgeons issue guidance to protect dentists and doctors during COVID-19 pandemic
- Throat Pack Survey
- President’s Newsletter – 16 March 2020 – The Oral Surgery Response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – IMPORTANT UPDATE RE BAOS EVENTS
- Glasgow Oral Surgery Symposium on April 24, 2020
- BAOS Mallorca Cycling CPD trip on April 29, 2020
- South West Regional Rep Study Day – 7th May 2020 Bristol on May 7, 2020